The ceiling color enhances the atmosphere of a room and completes a perfect finish. When you paint the walls, you should also take into account the ceiling, because it can affect the entire look of the room.
Therefore, when choosing the color for the ceiling you should keep in mind certain factors in order not to ruin the whole room look.
To provide a room height, always choose light colors for the ceiling. Like the walls, the ceiling should be in a lighter shade otherwise you lose one of the key elements in your efforts to give the illusion of height. Usually, most ceilings are white, but if you are not happy with this idea, choose a shade similar to the nuance of the walls or a lighter tone than these.
In fact, the goal is to create fluidity between walls and ceiling, so that your eyes have continuity, without stopping in color differences and to locate in this way, the true dimension of walls. Avoid applying, architectural or ornamental elements on the ceiling because they will take the fluid effect that you want to create between the ceiling and walls.
Beautiful Living Rooms with Glossy Ceilings (video)
What You Should Do:
1. Follow the wall color. The easiest way to choose the color of the ceiling is to look carefully first at the color of the walls. They must match the ceiling color. In this way, you will choose the right color that highlights the entire room.
2. Choose your favorite colors. When you decide to paint the ceiling and walls, you should choose the colors you want. Do not let the painter or any other person to make that choice. It is important that the chosen colors to match the colors in the other rooms and the desired design.
3. Choose a lighter color for the ceiling. When choosing ceiling the same color as the walls are recommended to opt for lighter tones. In this way, the room will seem higher.
4. Use use white or at most light blue when the room walls were light colors. If the wall color is too pale then it is advisable to choose white or light blue for the ceiling. White is actually one of the most used colors for painting walls and ceilings. And light blue is the right color that can enhance your room space.
What You Should Not Do:
1. Do not overdo it with light colors. When choosing ceiling the same color as the walls, do not opt for a too light shade. Try a color two shades lighter otherwise the effect will not be the expected one.
2. Do not use dark colors. As a general rule, the ceiling color must be lighter than the wall color. Since the light is coming from the ceiling, this must have shades lighter than the surrounding walls.
3. Do not use many colors or nuances. Ceiling color must be uniform to create a natural atmosphere. Using different colors, you can break the chromatic unity of your home. It is also strongly advisable not to paint a ceiling in different colors or shades.
4. Do not paint your ceiling in other colors than white when your room space is full of colorful things. When the room is full of colorful things, it is advisable not to use other colors for the ceiling. The best is to use white. White is the ideal color for this kind of rooms.