We need our kitchen, to be a clean, tidy and hygienic place. Therefore, we clean regularly the sink, wipe the countertop, mop the floor, clean and disinfect the garbage container.
However, this is not enough if you want to get an immaculate kitchen. Your kitchen appliances deserve the same attention from you. And, why not? In fact, most of the kitchen grime is hidden in your kitchen appliances such as sandwich maker, blender, coffee makers, toasters oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. They are just some of the appliances you use for cook, and they need to be also, regularly cleaned. Only so, you can have a clean and hygienic kitchen.
Let’s see some tips for cleaning and maintaining your kitchen appliances.
At a first glance, your dishwasher does not need to be cleaned. But, unfortunately, over time, the dishwasher accumulates unpleasant odors.
It is a quite simple solution.
– Put 2 -3 tsp of baking soda and add a cup of vinegar in the detergent compartment.
– Leave your dishwasher to do a short program with the water to a high temperature.
– When the dishwasher program is finished leave its door open for about twenty minutes.
– The unpleasant odor is gone.
Beautiful Modern Minimalist Kitchen Design Ideas (video)
Cleaning the refrigerator requires our full attention. Our health depends on it. First, check all the foods. Maybe some of them are already, expired.
– Remove all the foods from your refrigerator.
– Check their validity period.
– Throw away all the outdated foods.
– Spray inside the refrigerator with vinegar.
– Allow several minutes for vinegar to act.
– Then remove the vinegar with a damp cloth.
– Put a few drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil in a cup, to disinfect and to keep the inside air fresh.
Your sandwich maker should be clean all the time. It is not a good idea to make fresh sandwiches with a greasy and dirty sandwich maker.
– First, remove the fat excess with a paper towel.
– Plug your sandwich maker, and leave it to heat up for several minutes.
– Unplug it and remove all the old food debris with a cloth soaked in warm water.
– Allow time to dry, then close it and put it in the drawer.
– In a glass bowl or in a specifically designed for microwave bowl add 100 ml water, 2-3 tsp baking soda and lemon juice.
– Stir well until you obtain a homogeneous solution.
– Enter the bowl with the mixture in the microwave oven.
– Turn on the appliance for 5 – 7 minutes.
– Remove the bowl and wipe the inside with a damp cloth.
– Your microwave is cleaned and refreshed.
Today, blender is one of the most useful kitchen devices. Unfortunately, it can be sometimes, difficult to clean.
– Make a mixture from warm water, one baking soda tablespoon and juice from half of yeast.
– Pour this mixture inside of your blender.
– Start the blender and run it for two, three minutes, at the high speed.
– Rinse the blender jar and knives with warm water. When you rinse the blender knives, brush them with a toothbrush.
– Your blender is clean and the smell is removed.
– Remove the catching crumbs tray.
– Wash the tray with warm soapy water.
– Allow time to dry.
– Use a toothbrush to scrub off the old burnt residue.
– Invert the toaster and shake off the dirt. You can use a hand-held vacuum cleaner to suck out all debris.
– Soak a cloth or a sponge into warm soapy water and wipe the interior and the exterior of your toaster.
– Make a solution from one part white vinegar and one part water.
– Pour this solution into the coffee maker water chamber.
– Turn the coffee maker on and let it until the solution begins to boil.
– Turn your coffee maker off.
– Allow one hour the solution to remove all the inside deposit.
– Turn your coffee maker on again and let it until the solution is drip completely.
– Fill the coffee maker with clean water and turn on again, you device.
– Rinse well your coffee maker with a lot of water.
– You can do this operation once a month.