Vinyl is the popular exterior siding material, because of its durability, diversity and because you’ll never have to deal with rotting or flaking the way wooden siding will. Today, vinyl siding is the most used siding in United States and Canada.
Although, vinyl siding is known for its durability, in time dust and dirty can change in bad its look.
To maintain its color and aesthetic appeal you should clean it two times on year. You can easily do it yourself, with some basic preparation and techniques.
1. First of all you need to cover the outside electrical outlets, light fixtures, patio furniture, brick or stucco facing, bushes, plants and grass around the house perimeter. Use for that drop cloths or plastic sheets.
3. The best solution for cleaning is a mixture from dish detergent (one tbsp) to one gallon of warm water.
4. Now you are ready to wash the siding. Using an adjustable nozzle to your garden hose soak the walls. It isn’t a good idea to use too much pressure, because water can get under the siding affecting the wood underneath. Adjust the hose nozzle for a gentle stream of water.
5. Now it’s time to work on small wall area. Wet an area and after that using your mixture from dish detergent and warm water scrub your siding.
6. Scrub from side to side starting from the bottom of your home up. Scrub thoroughly, with synthetic scrub brush, and rinse with fresh water from the top down.
7. Allow time to dry and the job is done.